Kat @ Taalservice Leiden
- Dutch teacher with 16 years of professional experience and more than 7,500 provided lessons (June 2016)
- Graduate in fields of Dutch Language Studies and Translation Studies
- Experience with private, corporate, individual and group teaching and online teaching via Skype
- Experience with (tailor-made) courses and workshops for translators and interpreters at European institutions in Brussels, Strasbourg and The Hague
- Examiner of Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal, member of the Trade Union of Teachers of Dutch as a second language
Specialties & Expertise
- Language teaching, developing speaking and interactional skills, managing speaking fear & barriers and gaining confidence in Dutch language
- Preparation for Dutch language exams (Dutch Civic Integration Exam, Staatsexamen NT2 and CNaVT)
- Examination of CNaVT (Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal)
- Dutch language level assessment
- Specialized Dutch language courses for translators and interpreters
Approach & methodology
The aim of my lessons is to help and encourage students to use Dutch in their everyday life and at work. The main focus is on spoken communication, interaction and listening comprehension. Rather than teaching courses with big groups of students, I teach individuals and small groups with max. 5 students to be able to give as much personal feedback and attention to the individual students as possible. I vary teaching methods and materials to maintain students' attention, to encourage them and to facilitate their learning process. Having fun while learning and attending Dutch lessons is a very important part of the concept. See also: Reviews.
My students come from every corner of the world: Argentina, Australia, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, China, Cyprus, Czech republic, Egypt, Finland, France, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Mongolia, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South-Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, USA and Vietnam.