Dutch lessons via Skype
Taalservice Leiden offers individual and group Dutch lessons via Skype. If you cannot personally attend Dutch courses, but still want to learn Dutch, we offer a solution by teaching Dutch courses via Skype.
Advantages to taking Dutch lessons via Skype:
- the lesson quality is fully comparable to personally attended lessons
- you save time and expenses from simply not having to go anywhere,
- you can have a Dutch lesson during a work break or right from home,
- greater time flexibility, we agree together on the lesson time.
The length of lessons is 45, 60 or 90 minutes. The teacher will send materials per e-mail before each lesson.
Depending on student's preference, we can use a webcam. The teacher will type all vocabulary in Skype chat and after each lesson, students will receive this vocabulary list in per email.
Not sure about your current language level? Take this online placement test.
Skype ID: taalservice.leiden
"I haven't made so much progress with Dutch in past 3 years as I made in last 4 months while I am taking Dutch lessons from Kat. Because I travel a lot, I take her 'virtual' lessons over Internet and Skype. It is very good and intensive 1 to 1 lectures and I can do it from any place in the world. Kat is very knowledgeable about Dutch language and culture and has very good tution skills, she can explain everything very clearly and finds the right pace for anybody to easily follow the subject. Taalservice Leiden rocks!" Jakub, student Click here to see more reviews.
The objective of the lessons is based on needs, where it is possible to focus on:
- practical life in the Netherlands and Belgium, daily communication at work, in shops, offices
- speaking, listening and interaction, managing speaking fear and gaining self-confidence in Dutch language
- Business Dutch, Dutch for managers, CV, applying for a job, job interviews in Dutch
- Dutch for translators and interpreters
- Dutch for au-pairs, communicating in the household, with children and in families
- medical Dutch, Dutch for foreign doctors
Typical Dutch lessons with Taalservice Leiden follow the following structure:
- conversation: simple conversation for beginners, advanced students prepare an independent speech several minutes long on a topic of their choice
- reviewing the previous lesson
- correcting homework together
- speaking: thematically focused building of vocabulary, often with images, sometimes in the form of games
- grammar and textbook: rules of grammar and their practice based on our own materials or using textbooks
- listening: on a topic or from the textbook or based on our own materials
- writing and reading: homework or dictation